Saturday, July 12, 2008

Friday, July 11, 2008



Thanks for viewing!
Please keep in mind that I’m new to this so I can’t guarantee that you’ll actually see anything of interest, but I’ll do my best to keep you tuning in.

1 Day to Superweek…
I started the day with a leisurely in-town ride with some of my teammates. Laura aka. Crazy Mexican, Kyle “magic hands” Davenport, Angela and I all got in nice easy 2-hour spin. it was the perfect way to loosten up the legs and dispense of some pre-race jitters.

5:52 pm
George Bush Intercontinental Airport Gate A-25
Houston to Chicago

For those of you who don’t already know I’m headed to Chicago for the International Cycling Classic or “Superweek.” The event is a 16-day point race series throughout Chicagoland and Milwaukee.
The event website: http://www.internationalcycling.com/

Last year was my first trip to Superweek and it was a blast! I competed in 9 races, finished in 8 (wrecks are very common up there) and walked away in 4th place in the overall point standings. The competition is fierce, the courses are technical, the people are friendly and the fields are huge. It’s not uncommon to have 120+ in a race (did I mention there are a lot of wrecks). I highly recommend it to anybody that has the opportunity!

No comments: