Thursday, July 24, 2008

Superweek Day #13 "sitting in"

Angela asked me tonight “why were you in the back all day today?”

It’s called being really, really tired from 12 days of racing… Try “recovering” while doing a 45-mile & 65-lap Criterium on a flat and fast course. It’s not the easiest thing in the world-can you say ATTACKS??? After killing myself to get into a break (that didn’t stick) yesterday, I was really tired and really sore. Sitting in was about all I could do today.

The course was fun (but rough on the back stretch) and the weather was great. My legs (although sore) are coming back-along with my timing. The finishing stretch was 4 lanes wide and about 800-900 meters with a slight head wind. I came out of the last turn with an attack up the left side sitting 3rd wheel. We snaked the entire field and I was able to hold out for 3rd across the line in the field sprint. Good day!

No comments: