Friday, July 25, 2008

Superweek Day #14 "Crash up derby day"

It was a great course today-just like yesterday-short, flat, smooth and fast. It just wasn’t fast enough… Angela and I took an easy 30 minute spin after breakfast this morning to work out some kinks-it helped. I went into today’s race pain-free, which was much better than yesterday.

For the most part the day was incident free-until the last 20 laps… Wreck after wreck, people cutting corners, cutting wheels, coming unclipped (cause of 2 separate wrecks) and just being ignorant. It was really bad. I’m not just talking about 1 or 2 guy’s going down; I’m talking about large groups. To add insult to injury they were going to the wheel pit, taking their free lap and jumping back in to cause more damage. I counted 3 separate crashes in the last lap alone. It’s the kind of thing that makes me want to pack up and call it a trip because I’m running out of lives.

I felt tired, but great all day. Unfortunately I never got the opportunity to wind it up at the finish. Just too sketchy today, maybe tomorrow.

Angela's $.02

Thursday July 24, 2008- Racine, WI
30 mile crit on 0.8 mile course
We were in the nice little town of Racine, WI. The course was a few blocks away from the water which provided for a nice warm up. My legs were a little sore from all the hills over the past two days. But, this was a good race. I sat in the front half for most of the race. They called 2 laps to go two times. The first time was a mistake. This didn’t mess with me me, but it did others. I just kept my same place in line. We had a strong head wind on final sprint and I placed 10th. 2 women were already off the front, so we were racing for 3rd. Got a massage tonight...hope it doesn't interfere with tomorrow.


Friday July 25, 2008- Kenosha, WI
25 mile crit on 0.6 mile course= 50 lapsVery short course with a lot of attacks. I spent most of the race towards the front and on front few times; I was top 10 coming out of last turn and one woman cut in and took first. I ended up 6th today.

No comments: