Saturday, July 19, 2008

Superweek Day #8 Worst race ever...

Things can only get better from here. LOL! I got shelled 20 minutes into the race. I felt like a first time Cat 5 lining up for a P/1/2 race-pathetic.

I warmed up for about 30 minutes and felt pretty good but we ended up taking a 30 minute delay due to a bad wreck & race stoppage in the Pro-women’s race.
In order to get a good spot at the line (a MUST at these races with 120+ racers & tight courses) I had to stand around in staging for 30 minutes.

Basically, I set myself up for failure today (I think). I took yesterday off-totally off. I did nothing all day except get a massage and eat a lot of food. I should have done some easy spinning last night but I was exhausted. I sleep 10+ hours a night and I could lay down and fall asleep at the starting line… NOT GOOD.

I returned to Chicago tonight, ate a good dinner and went for a 1:30 easy spin with some short intervals. It felt good so we’ll see about tomorrow.

Angela arrives in the morning and we go straight to Evanston. It’s going to be CRAZY FAST &
crowded. I’m excited for her and hopeful for myself.

Forecast of rain. Rain + 160 racers + technical 8-turn race = Good Fun!!!

1 comment:

Liam O'Connell said...

good luck brosef

tell angela the same

enjoy that northern summer, its hot here